Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I is for Iby

Black, lovely, beautiful, stunning, exquisite, ravishing, moody mare!
Thats my horse Ibica for you! I have had Iby since December, she is an amazing horse. Before we bought her we free-leased her, but we loved her so much we had to buy her ;)!
She is a dutch warmblood cross with a hanoverian. She is now thirteen years old, fourteen on January first. She has deep, adorable eyes that make you melt! She has a big belly but is getting better ever since i got her.
When i did get Iby she was very out of shape and everyone seemed to think she was pregnant!! People who don't know her still seem to ask if she is having a baby. But thats because, Iby was a broad mare and she had three or two babies before the old owner had her. So it will be really hard to get rid of her belly completely, and besides it just wouldn't be Iby if she was skinny!
Ibica is an amazing hunter/ jumper horse, she has been to a lot of shows before I got her. And she placed very well too! Iby is on a break from jumping at the moment because of the crack in her hooves.
Iby is coming to my house at the end of June, I am very excited to have her that close to me and being able to her whenever I feel like it!
Lesson learned: When I first rode Iby to try her out, i wasn't so sure i liked her... but that was probably only because i went from riding a 13 hand pony to a 16 hand mare! But now I have Iby and she is an amazing animal and made me a better rider! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment